The Friday Report: November 9th, 2018Quick wrap up of a few hot topic newsworthy stories in the supply chain logistics industry
FedEx Increases General Rates & Announces More Changes
Effective January 7, 2019 shipping rates for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground will be increased an average of 4.9% and FedEx Freight will increase rates an average of 5.9%. FedEx surcharges and minimums will also be increased.
This will affect:
- FedEx Freight rates
- Express package and freight standard list rates for the U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services
- FedEx One Rate pricing
- FedEx Ground and Home Delivery standard list rates
- FedEx SmartPost, Ground Multiweight and International Premium rates
- FedEx Express minimum rates
China Expands Purchase of U.S. Made Machinery and Semiconductors
Despite the ongoing trade war between the United States and China, some high profile American exports remain wide open. On this list are components used in the production of computers, cell phones and high tech gadgets, medications
In August, soybeans have dropped nearly 95%. Automobiles decreased 56% and oil dropped from a record high to zero in only two months. Despite this, U.S. exports to China have
Reports indicated that the U.S. exports of the machinery needed to produce semiconductors to China have
For more information, continue reading here.
U.K. Shortage of EpiPens Averted by Extending Injector Expiry Dates
To combat a shortage of epinephrine pens across the U.K., authorities have agreed to extend the expiration date on a second injector to provide some relief for the dangerous situation. This month, the U.K. Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) will decide which batches of Jext EpiPens can have the expiration date extended by four months in the interim during manufacture of more products. Additional stability data was already provided to MHRA to aid with the processes.
This same effort was already executed last month for Mylan’s 0.3 mg auto-injector EpiPens. MHRA also imposed restrictions on who can be prescribed EpiPens until the shortage has been resolved.
What Makes Datex Different?
1. Revolutionary low code/no code flexible workflow-driven warehouse management software
2. Most configurable, user-friendly WMS on the market today
3. End-to-end solution provider: software, hardware, EDI, and managed services
4. White Glove Concierge Service
5. Executive-level attention and oversight