- Dock door appointment scheduling
- Quality inspections and audits
- Vendor/Carrier Performance
- Returns Processing
- Inventory control
- Cycle count/physical count
- Serialization/serial number tracking
- Lot management
- Inventory consolidation
- Warehouse transfers
- Work orders
- Style / color / size
- Value added accessorial charges
- In/outbound handling
- Volume/weight billing
- Owner-specific billing
- Recurring storage
- Anniversary billing
- Work order billing
- Automatic invoice generation
- Cartonization & Replenishment
- Dynamic pick locations and Inventory allocation
- Order consolidation
- Pick/pack & Put to store
- Multi-channel & Omni-channel fulfillment
- Pack and hold
- Item substitution
- Shipment scheduling
Datex 3PL WMS Uses Microsoft Workflow Tools to Power Its Flexible Software
The Datex 3PL Warehouse Management System has embedded Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation tools within the application. This enables Datex WMS software to be customized quickly without the need for source code changes.
Datex 3PL WMS Includes an Integrated Workflow-Based Flexible Billing Engine
Timely accurate billing is essential to the profitability of your third party logistics business. To make sure you can capture and bill for every value added service you provide and meet the requirements of each specific client contract, Datex 3PL WMS includes a Billing Wizard and workflow-based engine.
- Datex 3PL WMS ensures that your business can accommodate even the most unusual requirements of your clients and requests for any type of time frame or scenario
- Use the Datex 3PL WMS Billing Wizard to make sure that you set up billing exactly as needed-no worries or skipped steps
- Customize billing based on client needs and requirements
- Datex workflow enables you to automate billing, saving your company time and labor
- By incorporating workflow into 3PL WMS billing, Datex is able to eliminate errors and the time your team would spend finding and correcting them
RF enabledmobile computing devices with Datex 3PL WMS to maximize the effectiveness of your investment. This will ensure that you can capture and bill for every value addedservice your company performs. No more spreadsheets, tallies or notes needed.
Real Time Data Using Datex 3PL WMS Customizable Reporting
Datex uses Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to enable software users to create, change, subscribe to and schedule reports in the format of their choice. To make it easier for our software users, Datex made a substantial investment in development so that reports can be created using “drag and drop” action. Now Datex software users can click on the type of report they want to create then move fields into place-no technical expertise, complicated formulas or college degrees are required.
- Create any type of report needed
- Customize formats
- Includes the ability to subscribe to reports, share and more
Datex 3PL WMS Uses One of the Most Widely Used Databases in the World:
Microsoft SQL Server
When developing its WMS for the third party logistics industry, Datex chose Microsoft SQL Server to help ensure that database records never lock up when users read or write data into a record. Relying on Microsoft SQL Server helps to ensure that all the data “read” and “write” commands do not impact the parent record. Instead, this data is appended to the record as a child record (a journal record). By taking a more costly and innovative approach to database design, Datex 3PL WMS:
- Handles high volume of data
- Readily accommodates a large numbers of users
- Is better able to minimize loss of data
- Is better able to increase the speed of searches
- Has been able to simplify report writing
- Has been able to enhance system performance
Datex WMS Was Developed Using Microsoft .NET Development Tools
By using Microsoft .NET tools, Datex has made it easier and less costly for your company to find IT resources all around the globe. Datex software relies on Microsoft tools that are commonly used enabling us to:
- Keep pace with advancing technological changes
- Plan our software upgrades
- Strategically advance our platform
Datex FootPrint WMS 3PL Capabilities
Developed specifically for third party logistics provider operations, Datex software was designed to handle the highly complex nature of multi-client 3PL operations. 3PL requirements were incorporated into the original design of the foundation of Datex FootPrint 3PL WMS. This helps to ensure that your 3PL business will be able to:
- Segregate inventory by ownership
- Handle transfer of inventory ownership with comprehensive traceability
- Provide accurate activity-based billing of value added services
- Use the software for a wide variety of industries, operational conditions including cold storage and refrigerated warehouses. Datex FootPrint 3PL WMS is currently used across the globe.
- Deploy the software quickly in tiers and blocks
- Use a system in which database records do not lock up
- Scale your business- ideal for fast growing, changing organizations
- Store all file types in inventory records to facilitate timely accurate documentation of inventory, freight, warehouse and distribution needs, etc.
- Handle the complex nature of third party logistics operations
- Handle multiple types of inventory all within the same facility or enterprise
- Enable 3PL clients to have access to real time, accurate data needed to manage their operation via a web portal. This helps to reduce customer service expense without sacrificing service levels or customer satisfaction.
What Technologies are Most Frequently Requested by Shippers for Use by Their 3PL Company Partners?
Tackling Omni-Channel and Multichannel Retailing Challenges
3PLs often find that fulfilling orders across multiple channels can be problematic.
According to a 2015 Capgemini study of 3PLs and shippers, the most significant challenges occur with order flexibility, system integration, inventory visibility, inventory accuracy, inventory control, order management, technology, returns management, expedited delivery and other issues.
Today’s consumer can now buy from many different order channels and can select from an array of fulfillment options from click to collect, home delivery, expedited or same delivery and more. Retailers have been struggling to meet consumer expectations and have been making changes to their supply chain in order to help ensure a more seamless experience for the customer. More retailers are now outsourcing aspects of this experience to 3PL companies to help optimize fulfillment options and for other reasons.
The variety of fulfillment and order options have helped to create a highly complex operating environment for both shippers and 3PLs. Using technology solutions can help to ensure efficient, accurate operations, high order fulfillment rates and streamlined delivery. Having continual access to accurate inventory data is essential to providing excellent customer service, order fulfillment and efficient operations. More and more 3PLs are adapting to meet these challenges and have been investing in supply chain visibility and warehouse management systems.
Information within and across the supply chain is highly prized. Today’s cutting edge technology can enable even smaller 3PL operations to provide information visibility and capabilities to shippers, across the street or around the world. This tends to help “level the playing field” for both shippers and 3PLs. Using real time accurate data can enable both shippers and 3PLs to make more informed decisions, avoid unnecessary supply chain risks, collaborate with others to achieve better service and lower logistics costs.