manufacturing wms software
Download the Data Sheet
Datex FootPrint® Manufacturing WMS is known to be one of the most highly flexible, configurable WMS on the market today.
manage manufacturing operations efficiently
Use the Datex Manufacturing Software to manage and monitor work-in-progress on the production floor. Datex FootPrint® Manufacturing System utilizes tools provided by Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation to create software that is tremendously flexible and configurable. The workflow based manufacturing software helps to eliminate errors, manual processes and to improve labor productivity.
workflow based manufacturing & production processes
Relying on this workflow based software solution can help your business by ensuring that highly complex processes will be more accurate. Because complicated processes can be automated, changed and customized without the necessity of making changes to source code, your business can save on professional fees.
highly reliable for peak performance
Datex software is “multi-threaded” so that your business will be able to handle high volume data transactions without system lock-up, slow down or interruption. Whether your company produces its own goods or acts as a contract manufacturer, ensuring that your business can operate at peak levels at all time translates into real money, now and for the future.
Our manufacturing module includes the ability to track and balance raw materials and finished goods, specify production lines and link equipment to product type and create production orders. Equipment usage can be specified from multiple locations.
Key to food safety, the manufacturing module of our warehouse management system can automatically advance the expiration date of a product based upon the time it spends out of optimal storage conditions such as refrigeration. This feature is especially useful for food products with multiple components that have shorter shelf life, such as the eggs and milk used in items like bakery. The manufacturing module allows the system to capture temperature in multiple locations. Also useful for ensuring food safety is the ability of the system to track changes in the product Lot number without losing historical information, including all component information. With the recent regulatory changes, product traceability is critical. Datex Manufacturing software is an essential tool in meeting inventory traceability needs, facilitating product recalls and in saving on labor and time associated with inventory track and trace.
For products that are aged or which undergo changes into a new product, such as wine, or spirits, or for cheddar cheese aging to become aged cheddar cheese, the manufacturing module provides for material transformation such as SKU to SKU. This is ideal for packaging changes.
Workflow-Driven WMS Powers Flexible, Efficient Warehouse Operations
Workflow is a set of activities that is joined together to form a process that incorporates rules and business logic. Workflow depicts operational processes from start to finish, facilitating greater transparency and changes. Workflow-driven systems are more flexible and less expensive to adapt than WMS that rely on static hard coding. Datex can train your IT resources to adapt workflows to enable you to make changes to your operations.
Just starting to look?
Download Our Free Guide: How to Find the Best WMS for Your Business
Your Reports, Your Way
Customizable “Drag and Drop” Reporting Using Real Time Data
- Select from our list of 70+ standardized reports or create your own
- Create reports and dashboards on the fly by dragging and dropping fields into place in the Report Builder
- Create graphs, charts, maps and diagrams
- Users can view, manage and subscribe to reports for automatic delivery
- Share reports and dashboards with other users or publish on the web portal
Looking for Industry-Specific WMS Information?
Pharma 3PL WMS
Not ready to speak to a sales rep?
No worries! Give us some basic info and we will simply send you more information.
Schedule a Demo
Schedule a real-time WMS system demonstration.
Ready to Talk Now
Have a Datex expert contact you.
Manufacturing and Production
- Specification of production lines
- Tracks and balances raw materials and inventory during production
- Automatic advancement of the expiration date based upon the time out of optimal storage conditions, such as refrigeration
- Material transformation (SKU to SKU, for example ), great for packaging changes
- Change of lot number without losing historical information, including all component information
- Create production orders
- Capture temperatures in multiple locations
- Specify equipment usage from various locations
- Link equipment to product type
- Pallet tracking
- Third party ASN order
- Simultaneous allocation across multiple warehouses
- Automatic BOM creation
Datex Manufacturing System Can Help Your Business to...
- Increase facility performance and workforce productivity
- Maintain operational performance at peak
- Simplify compliance efforts
- Gain insight into your manufacturing process in order to potentially improve it
- Reduce quality losses and damaged product
- Improve productivity and throughput
Reduce production errors and part lead time
Manufacturing Planning and Production Processes
- Datex Manufacturing System automatically tracks and balances raw materials and inventory during production
- Facilitates both planned and just in time production with tracking of work in progress (WIP)
- Product conversions can be customized on
a component basesand can have multiple package types Softwareis able to change the Lot number and still retain the historical information, including all component information
- Component usage is automatically calculated
- Datex Manufacturing MES handles multiple units of measure and can record up to 8 decimal places
Systemcreates production orders and can automatically create Bill of Materials (BOM) Softwarecan track component usage as well as the expiration dates and lots for each component
- Automatic advancement of the expiration date based upon the amount of time the goods spent out of optimal storage conditions such as refrigeration
Systemwill prompt users to create or add to existing purchase orders when the raw materials that are currently available are insufficient to meet production deadlines Systemprovides pallet tracking and third party
- Advanced Shipment Notification (ASN)
- Datex Manufacturing software accomplishes material transformations such as SKU to SKU changes, ideal for
packagingchange Softwareuses rules defined by your business in order to specify the conditions under which substitutes can be used
- Automatic notifications can be sent to users about changes in status
- Owner transfers are handled within the system seamlessly
- System captures temperatures in multiple locations
Raw Materials Handling for Manufacturing
- Some manufacturers order the same raw material from multiple vendors but find that the unit of measure, package weight
andother factors vary. Datex FootPrint® MES uses an item master to record and correlate critical information about raw materials such as SKU, package weight, configuration, naming convention, etc.
- The system uses rules you define to ensure that components, manufacturing ingredients and raw materials are handled and stored appropriately in order to reduce waste and damages
- The system monitors and uses allocation requirements such as
FEFO, FIFO, etc. for each component for handling
- Exact amounts of raw goods can be tied to a pallet
- System tracking of expiration dates and lots for each component, ingredient or raw material help ensure enhanced product safety and reduced waste
- Rules can be established within the system for each specific location
Manufacturing Components, Ingredients and Raw Materials
Datex software segregates raw materials purchased either
- By the manufacturer
- By the client for their own use
- By manufacturer for client use
and can transfer the ownership of raw materials or finished goods then bill clients accordingly. Billing can be done for all accessorial charges such as handling, storage
Manufacturing and Quality Assurance
- Workflow based, Datex software can schedule quality assurance processes such as taste testing, visual inspection
andother tasks to ensure that these processes are more accurate and efficient Systemcan put any raw materials or finished goods on a “hold” status
- Holds can be done on a multi-level basis as well as multiple simultaneous holds
- Datex manufacturing software handles quarantines, holds
andinspections automatically to ensure more accurate operations and reduce waste and damages
- Holds of raw materials and finished goods can be done on multiple levels including by location, specific product Lot, pallet or entire item (such as vanilla ice cream)
Track and Trace/Traceability of Raw Materials and Finished Goods
- Datex manufacturing software simplifies the tracking of components, ingredients, raw materials and finished goods
Softwareprovides a comprehensive audit trail. Users can track and trace all raw materials and finished goods throughout the manufacturing and storage process, including the work shift and production line
- The manufacturing system records the equipment that was used, rework, as well as dates, times and electronic signatures
- Manufacturing software tracks scrap as well as the use of all components
Production and Manufacturing Orders
- Staging areas can be identified for specific purposes such as for tempering product, holding inventory and other critical production tasks. Manufacturing feedback can be provided for these locations
- Datex software reviews the Lots that are available as well as allocation rules and inventory at other locations before making recommendations
- The number of labor resources can be planned in order to meet production needs
Systemcan plan the number of units to be produced per hour, the number of hours in ambient conditions and other criteria. This is critical when staggering production or when having raw materials brought in just in time to meet production deadlines
Handling Inventory Status Changes
- Datex Manufacturing software uses workflow in order to automate inventory status changes
- The status of the Lot and location can be edited by users
- Reason codes can be added
withinthe system to accommodate your company’s needs. Reason codes can be displayed with a detailed history.
- Holds can be established in the system. Using the expiration dates, the system automatically calculates the hold period
- Datex software uses the order set provided in order to forecast the components and raw materials needed over the specified period of time to meet production deadlines
Systemtakes into consideration factors such as the lead time needed for components, order time and other factors
- Workflow based, forecasting can be done with or without orders. Datex workflow reviews the lead time, amount of stock on hand, season and other variables
- The Datex manufacturing software forecasting feature examines historical trends as well as variables such as product seasonality, product trends, typical orders and other factors
Manufacturing ForecastingManufacturing Master Orders and Just in Time Orders
- Datex software ties multiple orders to the master order to provide visibility and tracking of multiple orders going to different locations
- Datex provides a master order screen that can act as a dashboard to provide the visibility of demand requirements and current availability so that users can see the requirements for each specific order
- In the case of just in time orders, production batches can be scheduled to be produced either immediately or per plan
Systemenables you to allocate against stock
- Users can do all manufacturing planning from within one screen, including the ability to pull directly from stock, send in a request to produce a batch and more
- Users can create a manufacturing request and create inventory for stock rather than for a particular order
- Datex software will specify all components needed to produce and fulfill manufacturing requests
- Manufacturing planner has visibility of everything that the system has been asked to produce either from the forecasting tool or from an order
Additional Datex Manufacturing Software Features
- Enables users to create customized reports in the format of choice
User specificnotifications of status changes helps keep your workforce on track, more responsive and productive Systemcan distinguish different types of storage conditions and uses rules for proper storage locations to help reduce damages and facilitate proper handling and storage of raw materials, ingredients andcomponents
- Software includes
returnto stock capabilities with discrepancy analysis if raw materials are not used during the manufacturing process
- Easily facilitates
changeof ownership within the system once products are manufactured
- Specifies and utilizes specific packaging requirements from clients
- Provides simplified manufacturing feedback on handheld computers
- Provides track and trace including equipment line and work shift
- Includes easy to view and use manufacturing scheduler with different colors for production lines
- Automatic notification of arrival of goods against purchase order as well as claims against orders to enable inventory to be set aside and not used for
productionof other orders
- Automatic notification of item availability
- System readily facilitates substitutions