Do Supply Chain Businesses Need Mobile Device Management (MDM)?MDM Maximizes Uptime for Mobile Devices & Reduces Burden on IT Staff
Technology can come to the rescue of your enterprise. Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM) are resources that can be used to manage, monitor and effectively secure mobile devices.
The mobile devices do not need to be of the same type or use the same mobile operating system.
Think about it. One unsecured lost corporate mobile device can be a serious threat against your business. In these times of frequent cybersecurity alerts, are you really willing to take that chance?
How Mobile Device Management Solutions Help Your Supply Chain Enterprise
MDM vendors are able to manage mobile devices throughout the entire lifecycle from deployment to retirement.
MDM service providers are able to track physical assets and manage software applications and content for your enterprise on each mobile device. One of the major concerns voiced by enterprises is cybersecurity. MDM software helps your enterprise keep both all mobile devices and your data secure.
MDM Solutions Help Ensure Maximum Uptime of Mobile Devices across Your Enterprise
- Remote fix of both device and application problems quickly
- Automatic configuration of device connectivity to ensure seamless communication with the user from any location
- Set up of device per company mobility policies
- Immediate remote device provisioning
- Help desk-type solutions designed specifically to remedy mobile device problems
- Remote control and device or app information
- Remote access to device configuration information and application settings
MDM Service Simplifies Device Management and Provides Peace of Mind
Using an MDM service provider frees up your IT resources to take on
MDM solutions are adaptable for a variety of key industries including warehousing, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, retail and field services. Utilizing MDM can give you a “bird’s eye view” of the mobile devices used across your enterprise, in the field, facilities and other locations. Using the latest technology enables MDM solution providers to have
Improve the Cybersecurity of Your Supply Chain Enterprise by Using MDM Security Services
These days, managing mobile devices can be a time consuming, tricky business for your IT staff. Aside from keeping a fleet of mobile devices continuously operational, one of the other major concerns of any enterprise is security. MDM security options can enable your enterprise to ensure that corporate intellectual property remains intact, facilitates the update, distribution
Here are just a few of the challenges with which your IT team typically has to contend on a daily basis:
- New devices
- Custom business apps
- Employees’ own mobile devices
- IoT endpoints
- Differing platforms
- Range of protocols
- Managing access and securing company content
- Securing mobile devices
- Providing and disabling access to mobile devices
- Being able to return the mobile device to its original state prior to mobile management
- Locating, locking and wiping lost devices, as needed
- Removing sensitive settings including WiFi passwords, configuration settings, sensitive or protected documents, etc.
The geofencing capabilities can generate alerts and enable action to be taken if a device crosses a specified boundary.
- Mobile devices can be required to lock and/or to open operations with a personal identification number
- Gathering of location, personal information and sensitive data from personally owned devices including Smartphones and tablets can be enabled for employees using their own devices
Enterprises can outsource management and security of their mobile fleet to MDM service providers. MDM tools help to manage the complete mobile device lifecycle, from deployment to retirement. Mobile devices can be added and provisioned within your enterprise operation swiftly so that your business can keep your workforce in the facility or field working-not waiting in an office for a device to be repaired. Mobile users no longer need to be inconvenienced and lose productivity.
MDM service providers use the latest technology to maximize mobile device uptime. Working remotely, MDM vendors diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems, update software and much more.
E-Commerce Popularity Driving the Demand for Space Amazon has set the expectations for consumers for fast, free delivery. The rest of the market now has to keep up. This is having a major impact on how space for warehouses, fulfillment centers and distribution...
Bipartisan Effort by Senators to Share Info on Supply Chain Threats Out of concern for risks to national security, a bipartisan group of senators want all branches of government to share information on technology supply chain threats. Leading members of the Senate...
U.S. Announces Tariffs on $7.5 Billion of EU Goods Following the recent decision by the World Trade Organization (WTO), the U.S. Trade Representative announced changes to tariff rates for EU goods. Beginning on October 18th, the United States will begin charging a...