Over the past few years, the world has witnessed the importance of supply chains in producing and transporting goods for consumer and business use. Technology is an essential part of that equation. As amazing as innovative technology is, it all depends on people to make it work and keep it running.
Our 40+ year old company is well established in the supply chain technology industry and has been growing steadily year after year. Our team develops, sells, and supports enterprise software that helps ensure the continued operation of the supply chain.
Why Join Our Team?
- Remote work culture
- Open, supportive, collaborative atmosphere
- Diverse, multi-cultural workforce
- Long term employees help provide guidance and encourage team success
- Established career paths, geared toward advancement
- Usage of personal growth and development plans to encourage individual learning and skills enhancement
- Competitive salary and benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off
Other jobs at Datex
Role and Job Responsibilities:
The role of the Senior Project Manager is customer-focused to ensure that each customer has support throughout the lifecycle of the project. The Senior Project Manager represents the voice of the customer within Datex. The discipline of Project Management oversees the planning, implementation and tracking of a specific short-term project(s). Strong communication skills are key to the success of the project manager. The Senior Project Manager should have the ability to support several projects of differing complexity, including high profile, multiphased implementations.
The Senior Project Manager performs a wide range of duties, including some or all the following:
- Plan the project
· Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
· Facilitate/participate in the definition of service levels and customer requirements
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
· Determine with the help of the subject matter experts the resources (time, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
· Develop a schedule for project completion
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion Implement the project
· Facilitate the project kick-off meeting with all stakeholders to ensure consistency of understanding
- Execute the project according to the project plan
· Record project activities
· Ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
· Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Monitor/Control the project
· Identify, monitor, and mitigate risks throughout the project
· Ensure all signoffs are received when appropriate and stored in a secure location
· Record, monitor and evaluate issues as they arise and ensure all issues are known and resolved in a timely manner
· Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery
· Provide regular updates on the progress of the project, issues encountered, risks realized, constraints impacting progress and any assumptions made that prove to be untrue
· Along with the Product Owner, manage the relationship with the customer and any vendor/suppliers to the project
· Work closely with the Implementation Manager to ensure the customer’s expectations are met
· Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
· Manage the change control process while keeping all stakeholders informed of any change requests that will substantially alter the course of the project
· Facilitate lessons learned
· Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Close the project
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
· Ensure all documentation and other artifacts are stored and accessible for future reference
- Other duties
· Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used
· Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist
· Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
· Scrum Master duties as assigned
· Create, modify, and maintain Knowledge Base
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with team members, customers, and vendors
- Superior communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written mediums
- Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field, e.g. PMI, Agile Meet Ups.
- Knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools
- Knowledge of Agile work practices
- Conveys goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; produces clear status reports; communicates tactfully and candidly
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline
- Coaches and motivates team members
- Consults and provides advice, facilitates discussions, and resolves conflict; establishes trust; builds and uses cross-functional relationships to accomplish work objectives and builds lasting, productive partnerships with clients.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP Certification
- Process Improvement experience – Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Skilled communicator with ability to liaison with all stakeholders
- Logistics or Supply Chain experience preferred
Soft Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid work ethic geared towards proving high quality service to clients
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even in the face of possible failure.
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with minimal direction.
- Skilled at prioritizing and organizing work