Full Time Position
Today, technology is everywhere, from Smartwatches which record heart rates to artificial intelligence, robotics and drones in supply chain warehouses. Over the past year, the world has witnessed the importance of supply chains in producing and transporting goods for consumer and business use. Technology is an essential part of that equation. As amazing as innovative technology is, it all depends on people to make it work and keep it running as well as a strong administrative and finance team.
Our 40+ year old company is well established in the supply chain technology industry and has been growing steadily year after year. As essential workers, our team develops, sells, and supports enterprise software that helps ensure the continued operation of the supply chain.
Datex Incorporated is in immediate need of an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team to help support the dynamic growth of our organization. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience and the skills to manage both team members as well as vendor and contractor relationships. The role of the Senior Accountant is one of a hands-on, participative leader reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Why Join Our Team?
- Remote work culture
- Open, supportive, collaborative atmosphere
- Diverse, multi-cultural workforce
- Long term employees help provide guidance and encourage team success
- Established career paths, geared toward advancement
- Usage of personal growth and development plans to encourage individual learning and skills enhancement
- Competitive salary and benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off
Other jobs at Datex
About Our Company, Datex Incorporated:
- Continually Expanding: Mid-sized supply chain software developer with headquarters in Clearwater, Florida and offices in Los Angeles, California, Montreal, Quebec and Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Growth-Oriented: Our business focuses on people, processes, leading edge technology, and our award-winning software product.
- Focused on Excellence: As a longstanding Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is in the highest echelon of partnership, ranking in the top 1% of 600,000 Microsoft partners worldwide.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Our corporate culture embraces the sharing of information, personal growth and learning from each other, the industries we serve, as well as our clients and partners.
- Adaptability: The nature of working in the technology field involves the constant need for flexibility, to embrace, enable and facilitate change in ourselves, our work, as with our teams and clients.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for:
- All systems and procedures necessary for the proper accounting activities and financial position of the company
- Activities including:
- Posting of accounting entries
- Control of general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Preparation, analysis and communication of recurring financial reporting and financial statements
- Coordination and participation in annual audit process
- Oversight and participation in annual budget process
- Periodic reporting on results versus budget
- Management of cash flow and investments
- Coordination of relationships with banks
- Management of contracts
- Compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent experience
- Experience with advanced reporting, analytics, and business intelligence
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in the software industry, especially in enterprise software.
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Minimum 5 years of experience with intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central/Microsoft NAV or Microsoft Dynamics
- Dependable: more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even in the face of possible failure.
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with minimal direction.