Mobile Device Management for Supply Chain BusinessesMDM Maximizes Uptime for Mobile Devices & Reduces Burden on IT Staff
Technology can come to the rescue of your enterprise. Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM) are resources that can be used to manage, monitor and effectively secure mobile devices.
Think about it. One unsecured lost corporate mobile device can be a serious threat against your business. In these times of frequent cybersecurity alerts, are you really willing to take that chance?
How Mobile Device Management Solutions Help Your Supply Chain Enterprise
MDM service providers are able to track physical assets and manage software applications and content for your enterprise on each mobile device. One of the major concerns voiced by enterprises is cybersecurity. MDM software helps your enterprise keep both all mobile devices and your data secure.
MDM Solutions Help Ensure Maximum Uptime of Mobile Devices across Your Enterprise
- Remote fix of both device and application problems quickly
- Automatic configuration of device connectivity to ensure seamless communication with the user from any location
- Set up of device per company mobility policies
- Immediate remote device provisioning
- Help desk-type solutions designed specifically to remedy mobile device problems
- Remote control and device or app information
- Remote access to device configuration information and application settings
MDM Service Simplifies Device Management and Provides Peace of Mind
Using an MDM service provider frees up your IT resources to take on mission critical business challenges that are core to your operations and enables the use of their skills and experience for other areas of your business.
MDM solutions are adaptable for a variety of key industries including warehousing, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, retail and field services. Utilizing MDM can give you a “bird’s eye view” of the mobile devices used across your enterprise, in the field, facilities and other locations. Using the latest technology enables MDM solution providers to have real time access and remote capabilities so that problems can be diagnosed and resolved and security challenges tackled without delay without taking the mobile devices out of the hands of the users.
Improve the Cybersecurity of Your Supply Chain Enterprise by Using MDM Security Services
These days, managing mobile devices can be a time consuming, tricky business for your IT staff. Aside from keeping a fleet of mobile devices continuously operational, one of the other major concerns of any enterprise is security. MDM security options can enable your enterprise to ensure that corporate intellectual property remains intact, facilitates the update, distribution and security of mobile apps and helps to protect your enterprise from intrusion.
Here are just a few of the challenges with which your IT team typically has to contend on a daily basis:
- New devices
- Custom business apps
- Employees’ own mobile devices
- IoT endpoints
- Differing platforms
- Range of protocols
- Managing access and securing company content
- Securing mobile devices
- Providing and disabling access to mobile devices
- Being able to return the mobile device to its original state prior to mobile management
- Locating, locking and wiping lost devices, as needed
- Removing sensitive settings including WiFi passwords, configuration settings, sensitive or protected documents, etc.
The geofencing capabilities can generate alerts and enable action to be taken if a device crosses a specified boundary.
- Mobile devices can be required to lock and/or to open operations with a personal identification number
- Gathering of location, personal information and sensitive data from personally owned devices including Smartphones and tablets can be enabled for employees using their own devices
Enterprises can outsource management and security of their mobile fleet to MDM service providers. MDM tools help to manage the complete mobile device lifecycle, from deployment to retirement. Mobile devices can be added and provisioned within your enterprise operation swiftly so that your business can keep your workforce in the facility or field working-not waiting in an office for a device to be repaired. Mobile users no longer need to be inconvenienced and lose productivity.
MDM service providers use the latest technology to maximize mobile device uptime. Working remotely, MDM vendors diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems, update software and much more.
The Greening of IoT How can the transportation and logistics industry reduce its carbon footprint? According to research by Vanson Bourne for The Future of IoT in Enterprise, 44% of the 100 respondents indicated that they have prioritized environmental...read more
By their very nature, third party logistics businesses have complicated business models. Often working for numerous clients simultaneously, a 3PL must be able to meet the unique needs and requirements of every client, no matter the type of commodity or business...read more
Whether it is warehouse lighting, ventilation, layout or ergonomic concerns, making sure that warehouse workers can safely, comfortably and easily navigate warehouse receiving docks, shipping and freight areas and pick zones makes for a more productive...read more