Business Support Engineer Tier 2 Job Description
Eager to expand your opportunities? Come join our Tech Support team in sunny Florida!
In business since 1978, our company provides cutting edge supply chain technology solutions to clients across the globe. As a Microsoft Gold Partner for Solution Development, our company is in the top 1% of the 640,000 Microsoft partners worldwide. Our company has developed and continues to innovate an award-winning warehouse management system and is continually expanding our solution offerings.
Love a business casual, tech-oriented environment? Our team members use top notch technology including Microsoft Surface tablets with 34” monitors at desks that can be used both standing and sitting. If you are looking for a relaxed work environment and fast paced tech atmosphere, this is the place.
Role and Responsibilities
- As a helpdesk expert, you will provide front line technical support, troubleshooting and resolution of highly technical solutions on cases from existing system integrations as well as from internal/customer databases and applications.
- Being a Help Desk wizard is only part of this position. While your knowledge of tech support and ability to diagnose and resolve problems are essential, this position also requires additional expertise. In your IT role, you will be responsible for the design, development, configuration and implementation of the technical solutions required to integrate to a wide array of customer-based enterprise systems such as ERP, accounting, TMS, etc.
Educational Background and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent foreign credential
- 24 months’ work experience in the respective position
- Highly skilled, experience user of:
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Transact SQL
- Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
Skills and Abilities
While technical skills are vitally important, we are searching for new team members with excellent “soft skills” as well. This includes the ability to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Be understanding and patient when dealing with our clients
- Document processes, problems and other details
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Collaborate and share information freely
- Maintain a standard of excellence in daily work
- Follow instructions and company policies and procedures
- Remain organized, especially when working on multiple projects and priorities
- Meet deadlines and produce work according to projections, plans and timelines
Why Work Here?
- Excellent work-life balance
- Interesting projects and people
- Continual product solution evolution
- Ability to impact the success of our clients’ operations
- Continual learning opportunities
- Supportive team coaching
- Team members are valued and feedback is encouraged
- Tremendous growth potential
- Multi-cultural environment
Competitive salary; paid time off, 401K, employee discount program, healthcare and other benefits are provided.
Job Type: Full-time